Friday, December 27, 2013

3 Weeks -Things are getting a little better

Things are improving for me at the moment. Hopefully I stay this path. Fingers crossed.  It's only been 3 weeks but the cycles my skin have gone through has been interesting to say the least. Basically its been like 1 or 2 days of intense itching, redness and nerve tingling, and sensitive to temperature, then after the flare my skin stops itching but still am pretty red for a 2 or 3 days, then my skin will peal. Then I am good for about 2 days and then the whole cycle will repeat. I have gone through about 4 cycles but each one is less intense in nature. Also my skin has been getting way thicker and harder to break and cause bleeding. This has been great. And slowly but surly my skin is holding moisture better. A couple weeks ago I would wake up sooo dry I didn't want to move. It felt like my skin could crack so easy. Now it's still dry and a little red but Its much more bearable. I have been snowboarding 3 times in the last 2 weeks and I've think this has helped. It seems to get some adrenaline flowing and the adrenal glands back to a normal state. I know more flares will come but I definitely think overall my skin is in much better condition then without the steroids. I am hoping when spring and summer hit and I am able to get some sun, then my skin will be cured :)

No comments:

Post a Comment