Monday, April 14, 2014

Amost 5 months!!

So I havent updated my blog in a while mostly because I just wanted to unplug myself and really focus on healing. And healing is what I have done :) I would say I am a little more the 50% through this and the worst has passed!! I am starting to see large improvments even though I still flare a little every other day. I can tell about 50% of my body still has the inflamation in the cells. But that is much better then 95% of my cells being enflammed. And more then 75% of the day the cells show no inflamation, not untill I disturb my skin with a shower or excercise is when I see it. 

I want to re-enforce that getting here was a nightmare that I had to settle with. I lost a lot and my life took a 180 down hill. I lost my job, I lost friends, I lost my girlfriend, I lost money and probably my ego too haha. But what I have gained??!!! Alot! Extreme enlightment is what I have gained. I feel I am closer to my family. I have got to spend a lot of time with my mom, and dad which I am greatful for! I have gained gratitude toward those willing to help me :) I feel loved, and see how important this is in life. Before I felt I was blind, living a fake and somewhat materialistic life that the cortisones provided. I was not facing reality. Now I know why I had to go through this journy. Who knows what I would have become without this experience. 

I still have a long way to go. I feel the 1 year mark I will be near completly healed. But I am healing fast now! I have been able to play soccer and tennis! I have been going to the gym! I am regaing strength and getting intouch with who I really am and the real person under all the false medications I had lived under. 

I have been taking photos of myself. I will post them all when I am healed... But here is a before and after. 

Before (2 month in): 
After: (4 and 1/2 months in) 

2 comments:

  1. Great update Joey. Frank and honest update from you here. Keep going mate!.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look great! Im sorry to hear about the fall out from this terrible affliction. I have to say props to you in maturity and having a great mental attitude!
    It does bring some valuable lessons mixed in with all the grief...Keep posting it really helps us!

    ReplyDelete